A+ A-

GESIPA® Thal

Sites around the world

GESIPA® Thal

1917

The history of the GESIPA® facility in Thal stretches back to long before GESIPA itself was first founded in Frankfurt back in 1955. It was in 1917 that the "Ofenfabrik Weißenburg" oven factory plot in Thal was taken on and the Krebs und Naber GmbH nail and rivet factory established there with a total of 6 employees.

GESIPA® Thal

1919

In 1919, the site is extended for the first time and a wire drawing facility is added along with pickling and annealing shops.

GESIPA® Thal

1925

In 1925, the storage and electroplating facilities are installed as new additions to the Thal site. Just three years later (in 1928), the Dreye & Collenbusch rivet factory in Sömmerda (Thuringia) is taken over by Krebs und Naber GmbH and production is moved to the parent company site in Thal in 1930.

GESIPA® Thal

1934

The partnership agreement between Wilhelm Naber and Johann Krebs is terminated. From now on, the company operates under the name Metallwerk Wilhelm Naber GmbH.

GESIPA® Thal

1936

<sup>2</sup>, with work being done to the admin building, the machinery room and the staff area. At this point, more than 150 people are employed by Wilhelm Naber GmbH.

GESIPA® Thal

1937

In 1937, the company owner sets up a holiday home for employees in Thal. An explosion in the electroplating facility in 1941 causes major damage to the production buildings. Building reconstruction work isn't completed until 1942.

GESIPA® Thal

1945

The owners are expropriated, marking the end of the private company Wilhelm Naber GmbH.

GESIPA® Thal

1946

In 1946, rivet production almost comes to a complete standstill. However, business has picked up again by 1950 to the extent that the capacity can be increased by building new pickling and wire annealing facilities. From this point, the company starts producing wire to satisfy its own demands as well as those of other companies.

GESIPA® Thal

1952

In 1952, production of bifurcated rivets for the leather and luggage industry begins at the facility in Thal.

GESIPA® Thal

1969

Production of nails is stopped at the rivet and nail factory in 1969.

GESIPA® Thal

1972

In 1972, blind rivets start to be produced at the rivet and nail factory in Thal, Thuringia. The capacity for producing blind rivets is increased significantly over the years that follow up to 1980 to enable the high demand to be met.

GESIPA® Thal

1990

The facility is taken on by a trust. One year later (in 1991), GESIPA Blindniettechnik GmbH acquires the facility in Thal and starts production there with 67 employees.

GESIPA® Thal

1992

The 75th anniversary of the factory in Thal is celebrated in 1992 and another production hall is constructed.

GESIPA® Thal

1994

The new central warehouse is built in 1994. From 1995 onwards, old buildings are demolished and the site is expanded with the addition of new production spaces and an on-site gym.

GESIPA® Thal

2011

From 2011 the production area of GESIPA Blindniettechnik GmbH in Thal expanded around 2.000 m2.

Subscribe

* indicates required
I am
Subscribe for newsletter* *